Liquid State receives Advance Queensland funding
Liquid State is proud to announce that we are one of four winners to receive $25,000 in government funding from Advance Queensland. This funding will allow the Liquid State team to test how Carbon Editor functions as a smart editing and style guide system within a government setting.
Carbon Editor allows you to create, edit, and deliver structured content that is optimised for cross-platform apps, web, and print. You can also manage existing content by importing XML files and RSS feeds. Not to mention, work collaboratively within your team by assigning roles for editors, designers, and admin. Then once you’re ready to export your content, you’re able to apply styling to optimise content for all formats.
In the Queensland Government, The Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation (DSITI) require an innovative solution to improve the writing capability of staff and the internal use of writing style. Essentially, the department is focused on reducing the time spent reworking content due to problems with their writing style.
The Solution: Carbon Editor
Carbon Editor is a web-based writing environment providing contextualised guidance for authors and stylistic controls for editors. It can be used to:
- Manage content production in one place
- Increase awareness of tone & audience
- Support authors with smart templates
- Supply writing guidance contextually
- Minimise back & forth over content edits
- Manage guidelines & templates centrally
- Provide a collaborative environment
- Reuse any content
- Version edits & changes
Carbon Editor benefits revolve around providing a document creation environment that is:
- Guided via smart style guides, ‘best practice’ exemplars, & document templates.
- Centralised with all content creation & management in one place
- Collaborative between editors & authors
- Structured ensuring consistency & accuracy
- Reusable drawing key content from other pages or a content bank
- Efficient reducing creation & editing time & therefore costs
- Effective increasing communications & reader engagement
The Testing Within Government (TWiG) Program helps Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to improve the positioning of their products for government and large enterprise markets by working collaboratively with DSITI on a range of problems.
The Liquid State team are thrilled to be a part of such an innovative government program and will report our findings in the next few months.