With our unique and innovative Patient Engagement Platform, we developed a Patient Communication and Support System that enables remote patient communications using a secure mobile health app. This system is designed to engage, educate and empower patients by improving patient communications for better health outcomes and experiences.
Globally, COVID-19 has highlighted the need to effectively engage and communicate with patients regardless of their location or time. As a consequence of the pandemic and social distancing protocols, patient access to care has been restricted and organisations have experienced an increasing need to communicate remotely with patients to:
- Coordinate care effectively and efficiently to provide patients and their families with the information needed to overcome anxiety, mitigate any confusion about their condition, and avoid panic.
- Provide remote support for patients who are understandably fearful of accessing healthcare facilities.
- Enable secure messaging, remote calling and virtual visits for patients to facilitate in-home care and provide cost effective interventions that will reduce the load on the healthcare system.
- Enable remote tracking and monitoring of patient progress, ensuring their safety and reducing potential transmission.
- Involve and engage patients in their care in a setting where they feel comfortable and secure from exposure to infection.
Our Patient Communication and Support System enables healthcare teams to provide personalised, patient-centered, in-home care. In an infectious pandemic where healthcare systems could potentially be overwhelmed by large numbers of patients, remote communications and monitoring supported by a secure mobile app will help reduce the traffic through healthcare facilities and potential transmission of infections.
This type of solution is particularly relevant for patients who may have had contact with infected individuals; are either asymptomatic or only showing mild symptoms; or are in quarantine. Patients experiencing anxiety can connect remotely with their doctors, who can empathise and provide all the necessary information about their condition.